Helpful Tips For Incorporating Home Security Lighting In Yakima
Deterrence is a crucial facet of home security, and one of the top ways to keep thieves away from your entry points is through the use of lights. A well-lit exterior not only looks fantastic, it’s also less likely to be intruded upon. If you would like to enhance your property’s protection, review these helpful tips for home security lighting in Yakima. We have a few ideas for exterior and interior illumination that can help your family.
Add Security And Appeal With Landscape Lighting
The right kind of exterior lighting and well-positioned video cameras will go a long way in keeping intruders away from your home. Implement the following Yakima outdoor lighting tips.
- Be sure access points are covered: Doors at the front and back of your house remain as the most likely spots for invasions. Make sure those entries are well-lit but don’t neglect your garage. While bright motion-detecting floodlights are a preferred choice in this area, it’s not the only option. Rather than blinding your neighbors every time wildlife runs by, consider using less offensive lights that stay lit during the night. Granted, intense, motion-sensing floodlights may frighten off unwanted guests, but having a properly positioned light that stays lit is more likely to keep them out of your yard to begin with.
- Incorporate multi-function task lights: Those beautiful lights next to your stone walkway do more than show you the way in the dark. They also allow you to see parts of your landscape you may not otherwise be able to from indoors.
- Add beauty and security with accents: Not just for added beauty, accent lights are a smart way to illuminate areas that could serve as hideouts. You can place accents in mulch beds outside first-floor windows, in front of retaining walls, or next to hedges and trees. These installations produce a dramatic effect while boosting your security.
- Brighten your perimeter: A comprehensive approach to lighting should also consider the periphery of your yard. Shining light your fencing, gates, and outer boundaries of your property will go a long way to dissuade prowlers.
How To Elevate Protection With Interior Lighting in Yakima
Home security lighting in Yakima includes more than merely exterior illumination. Your interior lights are important in boosting safety as well. Smart light bulbs that integrate into your home’s protection are worthwhile for various reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling functionality: Put your lights on a schedule and give the impression the house is inhabited. This is an easy deterrent and a wise plan whenever you’re away.
- Access from wherever you are: If you take a vacation but don’t remember to put lights on a schedule, you can still switch them on through your useful smartphone app.
- Integration with other security sensors: If the motion sensor on your outdoor camera goes off, you might have your inside foyer light automatically illuminate. This functionality is an additional method to deter trespassers.
Dissuade Intruders Even More With A Home Protection Plan In Yakima From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Fortify your strategically illuminated property with the ultimate in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our advanced home security systems in Yakima let you control and automate all sorts of smart devices, including your lighting choices. Call (509) 240-9777 today to customize a package for your property.